To get started with Viaplay, you need to create an account, add a payment method and select a package. Note! If you only want to rent or buy movies, you don’t need an active subscription.
On Viaplay, we offer two different monthly subscriptions to choose from:
- Viaplay – Movies & series 599kr/month (2 weeks trial for new customers)
- Viaplay Total – Movies, series & sports – 1599 kr/month
Please note that single purchases (rental and purchase movies & PPV events) are not included in the subscriptions.
When you confirm your purchase your subscription will be activated immediately and you can start watching content right away. You can cancel the package at any time through Reikningurinn minn.
If you are a new customer, you can enjoy a free trial of our Viaplay package (movies & series) for 2 weeks. The subscription will continue automatically after 2 weeks – cancel anytime you want.
Please note that if you have been a Viaplay customer before, you cannot use this offer. The offer cannot be combined with other Viaplay offers or a sports subscription.
If you have a voucher/discount code for a Viaplay subscription, you can register the code here. Enter your code in the field and continue with the order. As a new customer you will be prompted to create an account. If you already have an account, log in to that instead.
Choose your payment method and activate the offer. A payment method must always be registered when signing up for a subscription. It also applies when you have a voucher code. This is due to studio rights and to validate that you are at least 18 years of age. Please double check that the amount is correct before confirming the purchase.
From Reikningurinn minn you can see your upcoming billing events as well as make changes to your subscription.
Have you received a code for a free rental movie? You don’t need an active subscription, read more about this here.
Choose payment method
A payment method must always be registered when signing up for a subscription. This also applies for our free trial and when you have a voucher code. This is because of studio rights and for checking that you are of 18 years of age. Should you experience problems registering a payment method, ensure that:
- The card is a Visa or Mastercard.
- The card is issued by a Icelandic bank.
- If you are trying to place your order from a mobile platform, try using a computer instead. If you are already using a computer, try another browser.
- For Visa cards, Verified by Visa needs to be activated or Mastercard Secure Code for Mastercards. Check this from your internet bank or contact your bank to be sure.
- Your card allows internet purchases, if not, contact your bank/issuer to deactivate the lock – or do it yourself through your internet bank.
- There is enough balance on the card. Even at the start of a trial period, at least 1kr is required on the card. The sum is reserved and then refunded once the validity of the card has been checked.